Gone Fishing

Re my post on successional sowing, back in March, I have found that it works best if 1) you remember to sow and 2) you remember to water the seedlings when they emerge (for “you” I mean “I”). Despite these small setbacks I have started to take crops of lettuce.

I am wondering if the same result could be achieved by sowing direct and then thinning/transplanting as the transplants should in theory be later and therefore “successional”.

Additional successes include planting 9 strawberry plants and having only 4 left within two weeks (thanks to Gillian for letting me have some replacements), and my new plum tree looking, acting and in fact being - dead! That is another year without plum crumble, but look on the bright side - less cream to eat, so the waistline will benefit.

Last Sunday was not spent on the allotment, but fishing. I now have too many trout so if you want to have one let me know - supply and demand - they are cheap.


Submitted by John, plot 16

Comments