The Lazy Man's Guide to... Trimming Strawberries

I had a nice surprise when I visited my plot last weekend. The outcome of an experiment had proved to be pleasingly effective.

I haven’t been getting down there as often as I would like and three weeks ago I was despairing at the state of my overgrown strawberry bed. With not enough time to trim the plants back individually I thought, “Oh, s** it!”, and went over the whole lot with the lawnmower!

This has worked a treat. The plants have grown back but they are much more manageable. The runners between plants are easy to see and just need trimming off.

If I’d ridged my strawberries this wouldn’t have worked. Obviously, I’m claiming that as foresight rather than another example of just not having enough time to do it properly.


Submitted by John, plot 16

Comments