The Good the Bad and the Ugly!

Looking back, 2016 seems to have been a pretty good growing year with not much to complain about. Here are what some of you said grew particularly well, not so well, or were a downright catastrophe this year.

"Learning to grow 'cut and come again' salad leaves was a revelation!" Kim, plot 20

"I had a great crop of squashes." Gemma, plot 7B

"My purple peas. They looked great but tasted foul!"
Julie, plot 4A

"Good celeriac and leeks; non-existent sweetcorn and red cabbage; mad squashes!" Jane, plot 9

"I liked my asparagus peas (even if nobody else did!), and I had a great crop of crab apples." Jan, plot 18A

"Realising, when I pulled one up, that the sad-looking row of beetroot I'd sown was actually cylindra, and very good! On the other hand, my so-called 'Yard Long' beans... well, weren't!"
John, plot 16

"I made homemade salsa from my own tomatoes and chillies."
Jimmy, plot 14B

"We had some really good red onions." Laura & Matt, plot 16

"I had some fine leeks, parsnips and celeriac!" Yvonne, plot 21


Here's hoping 2017 will be just as good!


 

Comments