My First Veg Box!

Well, who would have thought - certainly not all my doubting family and friends - that after deciding I wanted an allotment (after an afternoon drinking in The Bear) and taking on an overgrown plot back in September, that I would still be visiting it, actually growing and eating stuff and loving it!

However, it’s all true and I have already had some Rhubarb, Gooseberries, Mange Tout, Courgettes, Lettuces, Raspberries and a few Strawberries myself and this week my big sister visited and picked her own veg box as I'd promised her she could have the first one.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped with advice and donated an assortment of various plants to get my plot going and, to anyone else thinking about getting a plot, I would say go for it! As soon as you walk through the gate you feel more relaxed, one hour can easily turn into three and it’s just the best place to chill and clear the head.


Submitted by Jim, plot 11A

Comments